Saturday, January 14, 2012

Problematic Papers! Be Gone!!




For years I've had some paper that I bought but never used. Once home I didn't know why I bought it and years later I've reluctantly kept it but tossed it back in my pile. Well now I've done something to it and I really like it!

Here are the steps that i took to make the paper my own: I took my ink and inked the edges and then smudged the edges with water soaked sponge. Nope, still not in love with the paper! Next I found my Zig Pigment Ink pens and outlined the floral pattern with the Fine & Chisel Plum Mist using only the Fine tip. I added a center to the daisy using the American Crafts Slick Writer in Orange Medium Point.

Well by now, I'm warming up to the paper but I'm still not there all the way. On to the roses, I used my Zig Pigment Ink Baby Pink with the chisel edge and colored the roses. Okay, okay, when will I like this paper? Answer; when I used the Zig Pigment Ink in Teal to add color to the leaves then Teal in Slick Writer to the background in some spots. BINGO!! I like this, this paper I want to work with. I put a teal colored card stock behind it and now I have ideas!!

Take a look at the pictures in progress and see what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment