Monday, January 23, 2012

New Card I Made


I have been working on this card for a couple of weeks now. I chose 2 papers from my stash. I started with the striped pink and rose paper then place a printed green paper on the bottom. Added some Tim Holtz Distress Ink Black Soot by Ranger around the edges of the striped and green paper. I used some of my black lace ribbon and placed it on the top edge of the card. I kept going back to this with several ideas in mind to put something on top of the black lace or in the middle of the card. Then I decided I didn't want so much white showing so I took a sponge and wet it with the Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Tattered Rose and covered all of the rose paper with it. Then last night I was determined to finish the card so I remembered a new technique of using the lace as a decoration. Not sure which video or person I got the idea from but you can see the 1/8 in. black ribbon that I overlayed. I placed an old button from some thing that I had years ago in the middle since it seemed to match the style I was shooting for, now I can call it finished!

1 comment: