Wednesday, March 13, 2013

My Mother's Parents--Shabby Chic Vintage Style

I haven't posted anything in a while because I had lost my mojo. I've been organizing my scrapbook room and all of my hard copy pictures. One day I finally got the bug to create a new page. I used a picture of my mother's parents and created a heritage page for her book that I started years ago. It is 8 1/2 x 11 format because I wanted an easy album for people to look at.

I used some old Daisy D's paper and some patterned paper from Hot Off The Press #3235. I made the flower from paper (flower with black rhinestone brad center).
My shabby chic page for my mother's scrap book. I never met my grandmother, she died before I was born. My Grandfather was killed when I was two years old.

I made the flower with the black rhinestone. The Chip board die cut was painted and inked to match the colors and I used a pencil to enhance the flower detail.

I've had the crochet paper for years...I mean years. I inked it in areas to give it dimension and blend with the palette. I love the ivory ribbon and I love the green ribbon I placed on top of it.







No comments:

Post a Comment