Friday, March 15, 2013

CSI, colors, stories, inspiration case #10


I redid an 8.5 x 11 LO that I originally made about 10 years ago!! I never did like the black & white photo on the dark red background because it always looked disjointed. I felt the page needed more so I updated it using the colors and items for the evidence for the csi case #10!

This time I used some of my Anna Griffin paper from 2001! For the evidence I used a metal book plate that I altered using paint and ink. I also included a bronze colored metal flower. For the fabric portion of the evidence I used a silver-bluish tulle in the pink heart and a gold self-tasseling cord and a dark green ribbon at the bottom of the page.

To solve my dilemma of having a black and white photo on a dark red background I changed it's color by using Tim Holtz Tattered Pink ink making the photo have a pinkish hue to join the pink and red hues on the page.

Here are the before and after pix:
I originally made this page for my mother's family album. I kinda never liked it and felt the picture deserved something more....years later I think I did a much better job!


The page redone years later! Big improvement!!
Hand written journaling.
Heart detail at bottom.

Close up detail at top of page.




No comments:

Post a Comment